Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Belle Bijou

This new painting has been a long time coming. Sometimes, I start four or five paintings at once, and then finish them when the mood takes me. But as bright colour has been the order of the day lately, it was nice to put the finishing touches to this piece.

'Belle Bijou'
watercolour and gouache on paper
8" x 10"
prints now available in my Etsy shop

I thought it would be fun this time to add some wallpaper to the room as well - what do you think? I'm thinking of adding another version without the wallpaper as well, for those who want to add this to their other 'Interior Portraits'.

Now that I have my internet back (for how long who knows, but I'm trying to make the most of it while it lasts) I'm planning on spending some time catching up on all my blog reading. I've missed all your news over the past few days, so I'm looking forward to reading all your posts. 

See you soon,

Kerri

17 comments:

  1. wow it's gorgeous..love the colour!
    cheryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cool Kerri, I love it and the wallpaper is really WOW! Hugs,
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely as always Kerri
    Have a great week. Hope your computer co operates
    Best Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all Kerri....the addition of the wallpaper tells a wonderful story.
    Keep painting!!

    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your paintings, and am going to purchase one or tow. I just have to decide on witch ones first... not an easy task, as i would love to have them all...

    You are welcome to visit my blog and check out my latest post from Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kerri...maybe thats what I need to do...walk away from my work for a bit..but the impatient side of me wants to start and finish then and there..hence the reason why I end up with so many duds..lol

    LOVE this new piece...you just keep setting the bar higher..and hitting it spot on x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wallpaper, I'm just about to wallpaper two walls at home DIY for the first time, hope it turns out ok.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the wallpaper, fantastic job Kerri XX Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this Kerri - absolutely stunning you clever girl!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful. I love your new Chinoiserie in Ruy too. I've posted some pics of where I've put your gorgeous art if you'd like to take a look. Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love love love it! I'm going to have to get myself some of this gorgeousness and place an order.

    Keren
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The wallpaper makes it so much fun! These colors should always be fun and you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful Kerri, I love the wallpaper. Nicolex

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just LOVE everything about this...including the wallpaper and the gorgeous color!!

    I love Serendipity too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful! Now where could I put that in my home... Ange

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails